Monday – Friday: 8-5:30pm
Send A Message
On the Go Transmissions
Schedule Online with On The Go
Find a time that's convenient and we'll be ready to go!
At On the Go Arizona we understand auto repair can be an intimidating experience. We pride ourselves on our experience and expertise and our ability to properly inform our customers. Below are some of the common questions we encounter.
What are tips for the best transmission maintenance?
At On the Go Arizona we often get asked for advice on how to best maintain a transmission. The best advice we can give is the care we provide to our own cars, below is our guide.
- Scheduled maintenance on the transmission in accordance with the vehicle owner’s manual
- Ask to have the transmission oil checked when getting your car’s engine oil replaced.
- Prior to shifting gear into another range (forward <-> reverse) it is always recommended to come to a complete stop first
- When experiencing a transmission problem it is best to not drive the vehicle as doing so may result in additional damage or harm
- Unless a vehicle is an automatic 4×4 or All Wheel, it is not recommended to drive in 4×4 range on dry asphalt
My "CHECK ENGINE" light is on. Could this indicate a transmission problem?
Issues with your transmission can cause your check engine light to go on. Many cars aren’t equipped with separate warning lights for the engine and transmission . We have speciality diagnostic equipment that can analyze specific electrical issues within your transmission. Give us a call to set up your free diagnostic so we can find out why that check engine light is on
What are some signs of transmission problems?
There are a few different things that can go wrong in a transmission. Our mechanics have put together this list of common signs to look for.
- The transmission feels as if it is slipping between gears when you drive
- The transmission pops back into neutral when you are driving
- If you hear strange grinding or clunking noises, especially when you are in neutral or shifting gears
- If the transmission fluid is leaking or smells burned
- If shifting gears is not smooth, but grinding and difficult
- If there is a delay when you shift gears or the RPMs are higher than they should be when you change gears
What types of payment do you accept?
At On the Go Arizona we accept cash, debit, and credit. If you are looking for financing to cover the cost of repairs we work with lenders who specialize in auto repair financing.
How Can I Be Sure a garage Has Qualified Mechanics?
One of the things you can check for is mechanic certification. These certificates indicate that the mechanic has passed tests to prove a level of competence in one or more areas of automotive repair. The most common and what On the Go Arizona uses for our mechanics certifications is provided by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). The ASE certifications cover theory, diagnosis and repair procedures in every area of the automobile.
We stand by our work and our exceptional customer service. However, we know that sometimes mistakes are made, and it is our policy to acknowledge when things go wrong and correct the issue.
We have an open-door policy. If any part of your experience with us doesn’t meet your expectations, please let us know. We will do everything in our power to make it right.
Every vehicle that comes through our facility is given the same level of attention to detail. Our belief is that a job worth doing is a job worth doing well.
All of our services come with a warranty - if something goes wrong, call us to schedule repairs or adjustments.
Before being returned to you, your vehicle will be properly sanitized to ensure your health and safety.
We want to ensure that our customers feel taken care of and that every single one is treated with the same high level of respect.
When a repair is completed, the details of the work and all other pertinent information will be reviewed with you by one of our experts.
Please feel free to ask questions. We want you to leave feeling confident not only in your vehicle but also in your decision to entrust your repairs to OTG Transmissions.
We do our utmost to complete your repairs in a timely manner. We also understand that repairs rarely happen at convenient times, so we offer options to assist you.
If you must drop off a vehicle outside of our business hours, please use the key drop adjacent to our front door. We must clarify that we are not liable for any damage or theft of cars left unattended outside of our normal business hours. Whenever possible, schedule your vehicle drop-off.